Linggo, Mayo 6, 2018

Sir Cirilo Bautista's two poems published in 1966

Paalam, Sir Cirilo F. Bautista, our National Artist for Literature. Last night, in the ancestral house of my wife Liberty in Mountain Province, I took a photo of two poems by Cirilo Bautista dated August 6, 1966, published at the Philippines Free Press. That was 52 years ago. These poems were entitled "Lascaux" and "Interior of an Angel".

Thanks for my wife for letting me scan files of about a hundred copies of the Phil. Free Press compiled by his late father. I have also compiled 13 poems of rebel-poet idol Eman Lacaba, published also in the Phil. Free Press.

Today, I learned about the poet's demise from other poets and writers. Condolence to his family and to the literary community.

- gregbituinjr.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento